• This topic has 1,378 voices and 4 replies.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Are the M No’s searchable ?

What rate is a CEM(PA) ?

jb floyd

"M.No." numbers are not traceable.

Prior to 1948, CEM was Chief Electrician’s Mate.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks Jeff

Anonymous
    Inactive

A small number of the Navy Yangtzes have been traced to a service member (T. Neirs , Appendix 6). If you’re medal is a Navy one, tell us the number and we’ll give a look,,,theres a slim chance it’ll be listed. The list was apparently compiled from service records of Records Group 24 in the National Archives. How is a bit of a mystery because the OMSA member who compiled it is deceased. If anybody out there knows Al Gleim’s method PLEASE fill us in.

(I’m caring for a sick nephew which requires much hospital time so I don’t know when I could get back to this computer. I know others here have this book so if they could respond quicker please do)

jb floyd

There are some partial rolls for the Yangtze, but I can’t say I’ve ever found anyone I was looking for to be on them.

Al Gleim used the basic detective’s leg work to build his rolls — he went to the Archives and pulled out personnel files and looked for forwarding letters/receipts. He went through thousands of files and captured what he could, but we’ve never been sure if he started with A… or just pulled files he was working on for other reasons, so it’s difficult to pick up where he left off and few of us have the time available to start from scratch.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.