Viewing 7 posts - 301 through 307 (of 307 total)
  • Author
    megan

More from Greg Harris today: Officer of the Order of Franz Joseph and Teutonic order from the Austro-Hungarian Empire.

megan

Back to Brunei with the Order of the Crown and the Order of Gallantry. This second is quite interesting as the award takes the shape of an oval badge or plaque pinned to the recipient’s tunic. A ribbon is associated with both classes (quite different in each case) but it’s only seen on a ribbon bar or the miniature, which is the same badge smaller suspended from the ribbon as a medal… so unusually I have included both full size and minature awards.

megan

On to Brunei decorations with the Distinguished Warrior Star (for acts of gallantry performed by officers) and the Warrior Soldier Star (for similar acts by enlisted personnel), and the Sultan Omar Ali Saifuddin Medal which I think (but have not yet been able to confirm) is an award for personal services to the Sultan.

megan

Added the Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah Medal (for services to the Sultan… who wears the medal himself!) and the Armed Forces Service Decoration… then got distracted by finding some rather nice Singapore images, so that may be coming along soon!

megan

Added to the Brunei section the Meritorious Service Medal and the Medal for Services to the State. The latter is one of the most frequently awarded to officials who do a good job for a length of time.

megan

More from Brunei – the Independence Medal 1984, the Royal Brunei Malay Regiment Long Service & Good Conduct Medal and the Royal Brunei Regiment General Service Medal.

megan

It’s that time of year…. no, I don’t mean that it’s snowing hard in Cheshire UK (although it is), Colonel Khriss Urban has received his next annual Medal of Distinction from the Honorable Order of Kentucky Colonels and as usual has wasted no time in sending an image of it. Now duly added to the database. Congratulations and thank you, Colonel!

Viewing 7 posts - 301 through 307 (of 307 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.