This topic contains 197 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  megan 1 day, 15 hours ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 196 through 198 (of 198 total)
  • Author

megan

Got busy last week with the next cohort of distance learners starting… this involved having to go and teach them on Saturday morning which disrupted my weekend. Next week I am on vacation.

However, I’m here today with a couple more Hong Kong medals for you: The Hong Kong Royal Dockyard Police Long Service Medal (plenty of images) and the short-lived Hong Kong Disciplined Services Medal. This is a long service medal awarded to members of the Hong Kong Custom and Excise Service and the Hong Kong Immigration Service; but it was only awarded 1986-1997 and I haven’t managed to find a single picture!

megan

I’m back… but didn’t see a single medal in Turkey!

So in the UK Long Service & Good Conduct Medals section I have added the Tietsin British Emergency Corps Medal and the Malta Police Long Service and Good Conduct Medal. Very little is known about the first (and I’m sorry, the only image in my collection looks like it’s a replica), and the second was only awarded 99 times! At least I found images of that aplenty!

There are more police medals to come…

megan

Sorry, didn’t get much done today due to a sudden flap over needing to renew my passport. We’re off to Cyprus at Christmas, and IF there’s a no deal Brexit apparently the EU doesn’t understand the words ‘Expiry Date’ and think a passport expires 10 years after it was issued, not on the date it, er, expires!

No matter, on to more interesting things. The Mauritius Police Long Service and Good Conduct Medal, a beast about which even the Medals Year Book (and the Internet) has very little knowledge! Still, managed to find a couple of pictures for you 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 196 through 198 (of 198 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.