This topic contains 182 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  megan 3 days, 12 hours ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 181 through 183 (of 183 total)
  • Author

megan

Today a couple of medals for the ambulance service. The ‘official’ award is the Ambulance Service (Emergency Duties) Long Service and Good Conduct Medal, but as this was only established in 1996, the Association of Chief Ambulance Officers had been awarding their own Service Medal. Not sure if they award it any longer now that there is an official award to be had!

megan

Today I’ve added the Royal Fleet Auxiliary Service Medal. The Royal Fleet Auxiliary are the people who resupply Royal Naval ships at sea, but their vessels are crewed by civilians who are therefore not eligible for Royal Navy medals. I also added a couple of medals for volunteers, the Women’s Royal Voluntary Service Long Service Medal and the Voluntary Medical Service Medal for members of the British Red Cross and St Andrew’s Ambulance Corps (a Scottish organisation). Members of St John’s Ambulance Brigade have their own medal, the Service Medal of the Order of St John.

megan

Royal Air Force Long Service and Good Conduct Medals today, as well as the far scarcer Royal Air Force Levies LS&GC Medal awarded to locally recruited individuals in Iraq. As only 309 medals were awarded it’s not surprising I couldn’t find all variations!

Viewing 3 posts - 181 through 183 (of 183 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.