This topic contains 170 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  megan 5 days, 4 hours ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 166 through 171 (of 171 total)
  • Author

megan

Today I wandered off to Antigua & Barbuda, for the simple reason that Dixon Noonan Webb (DNW) have some beautiful orders from there in an auction at the end of the month… and they are amongst that kind group of auction houses that allow us to use their images in our Database!

megan

Today I received by e-mail some splendid images of the Antigua and Barbuda Order of Merit from Cleave & Co.Ltd., the company which designed and made it for the Antiguan government! I’d spotted some pictures in a brochure on their website and wrote to ask… and boy, did they come through! Thank you very much, and they are now in the Antigua & Barbuda section for you all to enjoy.

megan

I have been neglecting UK medals of late, so today went and added the Indian Army Long Service and Good Conduct Medal.

megan

More India – the Indian Volunteer Forces Officers’ Decoration today – and its equivalent for all other colonies, the Colonial Auxiliary Forces Officers’ Decoration.

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 5 days ago by  megan.

megan

Today the Colonial Auxiliary Forces Long Service Medal, which between 1899 and 1930 was awarded for part-time service in the ranks throughout the British Empire.

megan

Not much time today as I spent yesterday teaching distance learners – who come in for ‘on-campus days’ occasionally, so am now cramming a weekend into one afternoon (seeing as I attended church as normal this morning)!

However, I have added a new(ish) British Campaign Medal, the Operational Service Medal (Iraq and Syria), known as the Operation Shader Medal. It was authorised in 2017 but eligibility criteria are still being thrashed out. You see it ha been decided that it can be awarded (without the IRAQ-SYRIA clasp) to individuals who have made significant contributions to the operation without actually setting foot in area! Notable amongst those are drone operators, a sign of the changing face of warfare. (It’s on page 20 of the Campaign Medals section under United Kingdom in the Images Database if you want to take a look.)

Viewing 6 posts - 166 through 171 (of 171 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.