Orders & Medals Society of America Forums International Medal Collecting Other Countries US Service/Campaign Medals alloud to be worn of the CDF unif

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2,178 voices, and was last updated by  drain 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

drain
    Participant

I was wondering if their was a list of US Campaign Service Medal that can be worn on the Canadian Uniform. I mean if a person serves in the US Military, earns a campaign/service medal, then join the Canadian Military. I remember seeing on the old OMSA web site a photo of a OMSA Journal cover showing a CDF Major’s Court Mounted Medals and the last two were the US Air Force Good Conduct Medal and The US National Defense Medal. I can only quess he did an enlisted hitch in the Air Force during the Vietnam Era before joining the Canadian Military. I also remember reading that Canadian Military Members that served with the joint US-Canda 1st Special Service Force during WW2 were allowed when the unit was disbanded and they return to the Canadian Military all the US Medals they were authorized, such as the Army Good Conduct Medal, all three of the US World War 2 Campaigns Medal, (the Pacific Campaign was for service in the Aleutian Islands in Alaska against the Japanese) and World War 2 Victory Medal.

drain
    Participant

Just Bumping this up

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.