This topic contains 2 replies, has 984 voices, and was last updated by  jack mooers 4 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

jack mooers
    Participant

I have a small (31mm) brass medal that I need some help researching. It has a map which depicts Isreal / Palestine. And the script seems to in in an Arabic alphabet. I have no idea what it is or the time period it comes from. Friends have speculated that it could be pre 1948 Palestine or from any of the countries that tried to invade Isreal after it’s independence. Any help would be appreciated.
    Jack Mooers
    DSCN7363.JPG

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

oamotme
    Participant

Jack, This is a souvenir medallet or similar the script reads "FATAH" which is the reverse acronym for the Movement for the Liberation of Palestine – this is repeated in full on the lower rim of the medal but with the addition of the word, "Movement for the Liberation of the Nation of Palestine". It may have been silvered and dates perhaps from the late 1960’s /1970’s.FATAH is (was) the primary Palestinian "political entity" and its members now lead the Palestinian National Authority. Kind regards, Owain.

jack mooers
    Participant

Thanks I appreciate knowing what it is, I’m not into the Middle East but it bugs to have something and not know what it is.
    Again Thanks
    Jack

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.