This topic contains 10 replies, has 4,683 voices, and was last updated by  jb floyd 4 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

jb floyd

I know it’s Ukrainian, but I just don’t have the "modern" Ukrainian sources. So, what is this order?
    img738.jpg

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

megan

It is not one of the current ‘state’ orders… possibly a church one?

Megan
    http://www.medals.org.uk/

jb floyd

It’s not among those ecclesiastical orders I can find illustrated. And it seems a bit secular in design. I think of ecclesiastical orders from that part of the world having much more traditional religious symbols than blue gemstones.
    But I can’t keep up with the creation of new awards in the former USSR states.

megan

An alternative thought is that it is an unofficial award from a group of Ukrainian ‘nobility’ or some such…

Megan
    http://www.medals.org.uk/

Frank Dutil
    Participant

I’m on Megan’s side. Potentially, some sort of badge depicting a member of the Ukrainian nobility/aristocracy. Could be a one off prototype even…

I checked on Ukrainian Google and Wiki… Nada, except for more than a few new completely bogus Orders.

I checked the web sites of the few Ukrainian makers I know of, also no joy, sorry.

yusom
    Participant

Francois, this badge – for those who have no place to put money. It reads – "The nobility of Ukraine", which simply does not exist. Buy and wear, let all jealous. Price it – zero. You can also order a jeweler order in which you can write "King of Canada" and wear it on health :lol:

jb floyd

So, the Ukrainian Order of Vanity, super special grade.

yusom
    Participant

Precise definition…

lukasz gaszewski
    Participant

Megan is right. The words on the badge read "nobility of Ukraine".

Frank Dutil
    Participant

King of Canada? I like the sound of that… Not possible with QEII and heirs but keep those good ideas coming Yuri! ;)

ed muller
    Participant

It is probably a hereditary society like the Baronial Order of the Magna Charta (for descendants of the signing barons) or the Colonial Order of the Crown (for descendant of Charlemagne). There is a also a Lithuanian Nobility Society or Lithuanian Royal/Nobility Association with over 500 members, over 250 of whom have claimed/demonstrated descent from nobility. Similarly there is a Polish Nobility Association, so why not a Ukrainian Nobility Association?

Ed M

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.