• This topic has 1,582 voices and 5 replies.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    fred j borgmann
    Participant

Anyone here other than myself collect Swiss medals issued to the various Swiss units stationed on the Swiss borders during the wars of 1870, 1914, 1939? Most were issued by regimental commanders to their men upon completion of their tours of duty. A very interesting and uncharted field.

frivilig
    Participant

I have one I found during my autumn in CH a few years ago, FJP Auctions is slatted to put it in one of their future auctions. It is silver in metal and depicts a horse mobile field artillery unit moving on the field. I still have some of the WW II mobilization service certificates, if interested.

Bill

fred j borgmann
    Participant

Thanks Bill, I look forward to seeing your medal in a future FJP Auction catalog. The certificates sound interesting. I have never seen one before. Fred

noor
    Participant

Here is my only award from Switzerland; I picked it up randomly in the Spring Dublin collector’s fair. Still don’t know much about it and I am sure it is not something valuable anyway.

fred j borgmann
    Participant

Here is my only award from Switzerland; I picked it up randomly in the Spring Dublin collector’s fair. Still don’t know much about it and I am sure it is not something valuable anyway.

Thanks Noor,
    This medal commemorates the return of Geneva to Switzerland after the fall of Napoleon

Frank Dutil
    Participant

The reverse inscription is in French, it translates to:
    TO
    THE YOUTH
    TO COMMEMORATE
    THE REUNION OF
    GENEVA
    TO
    SWITZERLAND

A very attractive item! 8-)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.