Orders & Medals Society of America Forums Other Medal Related Topics Medals Wanted Russia Participant in Military Operations in Syria

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  KevinBeyer 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

KevinBeyer
    Participant

Hello, All,

Does anyone have a source for the new Russian medal for the recent Syrian engagement?  I believe it is known as the Participant in Military Operations in Syria.

If you know anywhere I can get one, please let me know.

Thank you,

Kevin Beyer
    OMSA #7096

megan

The best person to ask is Frank Dutil. He’s an expert at ferreting out current Russian medals – and I think he’s got the Medal for Operations in Syria already.

Megan

KevinBeyer
    Participant

Hello,

I managed to obtain the Syrian Operations medal through a seller in Moscow.  Previously I had obtained the medal for the Annexation of Crimea.  My assumption is that the ribbon colors would be identical (at least for the stripes that are identical).  A side by side comparison shows that they are not.  There are several explanations.  1)  The colors don’t match.  2) The colors should match, but the Quality Assurance at the ribbon producer’s facilities are lax.  Or, different ribbon vendors, different post production results.  3) One, or both, are not original medals as issued by the Ministry of Defense.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this matter?  Russian Federation medals are not my strength.

Thank you,

Kevin Beyer,
    OMSA #7069

• This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by  KevinBeyer.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.