This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  megan 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Lance Webb
    Participant

I am trying to track down a specific medal. I have a very close friend whose father lost his life at the Battle of the Bulge. My friend was two years old when his father joined the Army. I found a site on the internet, years ago, that listed his father’s Purple Heart. The medal had been sold and the seller had no knowledge as to when or where he sold it.  I would like to purchase it and give the medal to my friend.
    This was awarded posthumously to “Eugene G. Hatch”

• This topic was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by  sirius.
    • This topic was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by  sirius. Reason: Fixed image
    • This topic was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by  sirius.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

megan

In 2013, it was in the possession of an individual in Fayetteville, NC – he wrote about it in a forum post here: http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/190135-three-wwii-kia-purple-hearts/

As it appears he’s the chief administrator of the US Militaria Forum, which is still active, you ought to be able to contact him via the forum and see if he still has it and is willing to part with it for such a noble cause.

Good luck in your quest!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.