• This topic has 9,691 voices and 27 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    ed_haynes
    Participant

As there seems to be no sub-forum in which to discuss the database, here is one. Discuss away.

megan

Busy running comparisons against my archive of the ‘old’ database, and my other archive material (some, for example, of Frank Dutil’s stuff is in the Medals of the World archive as he’s granted permission for its use there).

Good thing is that the new one supports diacrits and other character sets. Well, if it can handle Armenian… :)

felix

Must we upload again everything was done in the last months or a more recent version of the database will be uploaded ?

What about documents ?

ed_haynes
    Participant

As I have been dismissed as moderator, I cannot help you.

Frank Dutil
    Participant

I sent Jeff a link to a really nice hit counter some weeks ago. It displays the hits by country of origin of our visitors and displays their national flag. I thought this might be a really nice touch for our database (front page). Most times I log on I see 15 to 30 unregistered visitors there. Isn’t there any interest in not only seeing where our visitors are from but also just how incredibly popular our database is worldwide?

I’m not suggesting slapping one on every page, just our database’s front page. I don’t think it would be out of place or look cheap at all… Matter of fact, I think even our visitors might enjoy seeing this data so nicely displayed.

: http://flagcounter.com/
    Select Maximum flags to show to 100
    Select columns of flags to 8
    Go on the right side and click in Show country code.
    This is exactly how it would appear.

Thoughts? Comments?

John_Allgood
    Keymaster

That is very interesting and potentially very useful. I will add this to the list of additions.

Thanks for pointing this out.

John

doc riley

I want to say Hello to all Members and Visitors to the OMSA MEDAL DATABASE. I am one of the Global Moderators for the website. I was also asked to Moderate the Medal Database. I have accepted the extra duties to serve you, the members. If you have any questions PLEASE feel free to contact me.

:D Doc

doc riley

Must we upload again everything was done in the last months or a more recent version of the database will be uploaded ?

What about documents ?

Felix,
    The Database was moved over to the new site. Once we get the Supporting Documents in place, you will find that the links to the medal and medal-to-document still work.

:D Doc

Just a quick question, have all our posts, etc.. etc.. to the old OMSA been deleted?

I lost the coloured ribbon bar under my name showing the medals I received in service with the Irish military.

and even today when I try to log in on the Unknown Items page I get a message telling me I must

create anew my user name and password, when I exit this and go to the main page I can log in with no problems.

Kevin.

John_Allgood
    Keymaster

Just a quick question, have all our posts, etc.. etc.. to the old OMSA been deleted?

I lost the coloured ribbon bar under my name showing the medals I received in service with the Irish military.

and even today when I try to log in on the Unknown Items page I get a message telling me I must

create anew my user name and password, when I exit this and go to the main page I can log in with no problems.

Kevin.

Kevin,

Your posts were not deleted but just not transfered over to the new site. We have archived the old site and will transfer some of the content to the new site but this will take time. We did move over all users but not their avatars or signatures; this explains why the ribbon bar under your name did not make it to the new site.

I don’t have a simple explanation why you are having log in problems if they persist, please PM me or contact one of the other content managers through the contact tab at the top of the page.

John

felix

What the hell is this :

watches replica
    cheap replica watches
    cheap fake watches fake swiss watches. fake swiss watches best rolex copy. best rolex copy fake watches paypal. fake watches paypal buy fake rolex watch. buy fake rolex watch replica watches rolex. replica watches rolex these deliver to their wearers.
    Think it or not choosing replica watches is now a style trend in present day market place. The imitation timepieces can be found in different models and designs. They supply many selections for purchasers. Meanwhile fakewatches.com. fakewatches.com fakewatches.com. fakewatches.com replica watches shopping. replica watches shopping they also bring confusion for that shoppers since you will find numerous fake watches of inferior high quality obtainable in the market place.
    There’s an abundance of replica watches which have been offered within the existing watch market that present a

This s**** is posted as a comment on each picture of the database.

We have to log in and prove "we are human" at each visit on the forum but apparently that’s not enough.

sirius
    Keymaster

A Chinese spammer slipped in under the radar, and posted well over 2500 spam messages in the image database. It’s been dealt with now, the user is banned and deleted, his IP address blocked, and all of the messages should be gone by now. For the moment, we have a temporary ban on posing any comments in the image database. I hope we can lift this in the next 24 hours.

Thanks you for your cooperation.

Cheers, -Peter (for the Web team)

megan

Is there a section for the Dominican Republic in the database?

Couldn’t find one, and that’s the area I’m working on at the moment so will have some contributions once there is somewhere to put them.

Megan
    http://www.medals.org.uk/

Frank Dutil
    Participant

Has this suggestion been officially nixed? http://flagcounter.com/

I still think placing it at the bottom of the database’s front page would be great.https://www.omsa.org/photopost/

Every time I log on I see: multiple, sometimes dozens of unregistered users in there… Isn’t there any interest in finding out how popular this ressource is?

megan

Still waiting on a Dominican Republic section. Now gathering material for Cyprus as well… PLEASE!!!!

Megan
    http://www.medals.org.uk/

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.