Orders & Medals Society of America Forums Other Medal Related Topics Identifications Need some ribbons identified…COL ‘Bud" Day

• This topic has 1,710 voices and 4 replies.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    resqspc

This is an image of the uniform of COL George ‘Bud’ Day (USAF, ret). I have a short-fuse request for identification… We know all the US and RVN ribbons in the rows above the very bottom row, and the RVN campaign medal in the bottom row… What I need identified are the other three ribbons in the bottom row: the blue w/2 white stripes, the blue w/2 close set white? tan? stripes, and the red and white w/2 narrow blue stripes, w/a metal device in the center. None of his official biographies mention these…This is for a ceremony at the USAF Academy to be held later this month; however, I need the identification by Wed, 10 Sep. Thanks!

Bob "resqspc" Toy

ROBERT PAUL TOY, Civ, USAF
    Paralibrarian
    McDermott Cadet Library
    Room 3A15, 2354 Fairchild Drive
    USAF Academy, CO 80840
    Day Awards.ppt

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    megan

The very last medal ribbon (yellow with red edges and narrow blue stripes with metal device is the Taiwan (Republic of China) War of Resistance Commemorative Medal, awarded for service in China, Burma and India during the Second World War.

Megan
    http://www.medals.org.uk/

Clyde Tinklepaugh
    Participant

I am looking at a copy of "Return with Honor’ by George Day. On the rear of the dust jacket is a photo of him with his medals. The two that are in question appear to be from the RVN and are Psychological Warfare Medal, 1st Class and Veterans Medal, 1st Class.

resqspc

Clyde, Megan–

Thanks so very much!

Bob ‘resqspc’ Toy
    ROBERT PAUL TOY, Civ, USAF
    Paralibrarian and
    Heretic-in-Residence
    McDermott Cadet Library
    Room 3A15, 2354 Fairchild Drive
    USAF Academy, CO 80840

drain
    Participant

Interesting thing about the photos is that Col Day is wearing the ribbon for the Army Good Conduct Medal, but his record only shows the Marine Good Conduct Medal used while he was a marine in World War 2.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.