Orders & Medals Society of America Forums Other Medal Related Topics Identifications Need help identifying some medals… Please :)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    September Van Kirk
    Participant

Hello–

Need some help identifying a few medals I’ve added to my collection recently. I believe they are Chinese but any other information or insight would be greatly appreciated.

THANK YOU 🙂

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    megan

They are (sort of) Chinese, they are from the Republic of China, otherwise known as Taiwan.

#1: Hu Pen Bravery Medal, an Army award instituted 5 May 1958 and given for significant contributions during battle, such as destroying enemy fortifications, routing enemy reinforcements, and assisting the main force in combat. It comes in 2 grades, this is the A grade.

#2: Order of Sublime Commencement, instituted 14 June 1945 and awarded for distinguished air combat.

#3: Order of Loyalty and Diligence, instituted 23 September 1944 and awarded for 10 years’ distinguished service in the armed forces.

#4: Order of National Glory, instituted 8 November 1937 and awarded for distinguished contributions to national defence in the face of foreign invasion. This is a bit unusual, it’s normally worn as a sash badge – but both badge and ribbon are correct for this order. Could be someone had another sash order but still wanted to wear this so had a chest ribbon made up!

Megan

September Van Kirk
    Participant

Wow! Thank you so much for your help. What references do you use to get your information? Do you have any idea the value of these medals?

And bed by chance, do you happen to know what this one is also?

Thanks again!

September Van Kirk
    Participant

Had to compress the file. This is the medal I was asking about.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    britanis
    Participant

Tunisia Beydom   Nichan Iftikhir

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.