• This topic has 1,637 voices and 7 replies.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    jb floyd

I have recently pared my state shooting collection down from about 1000 pieces to a mere handful. I decided to keep the State Team badges, so I thought I’d post what I have here and see if anyone has any other examples to show.

I’ll start off with the Texas Rifle Team badge. This one is accompanied by an Army Excellence in Competition Badge, Rifle, Infantry, named "1Sgt Effred B. Schmidt, 141st Inf. Tex N.G., 1927
    Texas State Team 001.jpg

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    jb floyd

A Connecticut State Team badge for the 1903 competitions at Sea Girt, New Jesey.
    Connecticut State Team 001.jpg

Attachments:
    jb floyd

A Massachusetts State Team Medal for participation at the National Matches at Camp Perry, Ohio. There is also a civilian version of this medal. Date bars were added for making the team in other years.
    Mass State Team 001.jpg

Attachments:
    jb floyd

A New Jersey State Team Badge for 1913.
    NJ State Team 001.jpg

Attachments:
    jb floyd

A New York State Team Badge. These are silver versions of the standard Small Arms Practice Badge, with a modified top bar and bars for each year a shooter was on the state team. In this case, Sgt A.E. Wells, 7th New York Infantry, was on the state team every year from 1903 through 1915.

There is also a civilian version of this badge.
    NY State Team 001.jpg

Attachments:
    jb floyd

This Ohio State Team badge for the state rifle competition was awarded to Henry R. Habig, Private, Company L, 1st Ohio Infantry.
    Ohio State Team 001.jpg

Attachments:
    fred j borgmann
    Participant

Good luck on your new quest. Here is what the Wisconsins look like. The reverses are totally engraved. The number of year bars can be quite long. I have seen one with nearly twenty![attachment=0]Wis National Team.jpg[/attachment]
    Wis National Team.jpg

Attachments:
    jb floyd

Fred, I haven’t seen rghis one before. Thanks for the image.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.