Five pointed red-enamel-edged white enamel star with ball-tipped finials on palm wreath suspension
The face with a circular central red enamel medallion inscribed in giltArabic characters “His Majesty Yousowuffian” within a gilt ring
The reverse with a circular central gilt medallion bearing the red parasol symbolic of the power of the Maroccan Sultan
The Order was created on 11 January 1913 by the Maroccan Sultan Moulay Youssef to replace the Order of Ouissam Hafidien which had been instituted by his half brother Moulay Abd el Hafid who abdicated on 12 August 1912 following the imposition on Morocco of French and Spanish protectorates under the terms of the Treaty of Fes. The Order was awarded to both Moroccans and to French serving in Morocco.