• This topic has 4,990 voices and 7 replies.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    danish
    Participant

Below is a picture of the Danish Minister of Defense visiting the Royal Airforce Training Academy..

What is seen on the image is a tradition used to baptize trainee-pilots after their first solo flight.
    Mr. Nick Hækkerup was also given this "honor"…

I can’t think of a lot of countries where this can be considered a wise career move – I doubt a US pilot would keep his job if he threw the Secretary of Defense in a pond…. :lol:
    208014_194617290672180_996956710_n.jpg

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Frank Dutil
    Participant

In Canada, that would result in a court martial, jail time, and if by some miracle you were allowed to remain in the service… You’d end up way North of the Arctic Circle! You would only see green grass on television!

danish
    Participant

It is, imho, on of the things that makes Denmark so amazingly awesome :lol:

(Waiting for Bill / Frivilig to make a comment where he in some strange way draws connections to Hans Christian Anderson and the little mermaid) :roll:

frivilig
    Participant

Sune, I remember being at Sheppard AFB, TX, in 1978 when the Shah of Iran’s son soloed and his fellow pilots threw the Crown Prince into the training squadron pool, all of which made the base newspaper. But Sune, are you sure all this Danish enthusiasm isn’t simply from the exuberance of Denmark finally repealing the punitive "fat tax" on foodstuffs? Sorry, I am fresh out of HCA literary allusions at the moment. :oops: However there must be no end to the allusions one could draw from Janteloven. ;)

–Bill

danish
    Participant

:lol:

megan

Surely it is slightly different – a pilot-in-training (however important his dad is) getting dunked like any other pilot-in-training as opposed to an official visitor who isn’t learning to fly getting dunked?

Megan
    http://www.medals.org.uk/

Frank Dutil
    Participant

What happens during winter? Break the ice then dunk (then defribilate) or use an indoor pool?

danish
    Participant

Simple.. It doesn’t happen in winter..
    We don’t have that part of the training during winter..

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.