Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    gjmcleod
    Participant

Hello all

Am I missing forum posts………or has the site caught a virus and shuffled off this “mortal coil”?

megan

It’s been very quiet of late: a few enquiries and my weekly updates on stuff added to the images database seems to be it. Shame, really.

fred j borgmann
    Participant

This is sad! We have a great site here and almost no one knows about it. Maybe after the summer doldrums, the China virus and the riots fade away things will come back to life.

megan

The other ‘medals’ forum I inhabit – GMIC – is also far quieter than it used to be. It doesn’t seem to be a move elsewhere, to other technologies, however. Auctions still seem to be thriving, so it’s not a lack of interest in medals. We need to encourage more discussion, more sharing of ideas and (for those who have them) collections. (I’m an oddball, I collect information rather than items.)

I wonder if we should try a virtual convention? I did suggest it when the regular one was cancelled this summer at fairly short notice due to coronavirus. The way things are going, who knows what will be happening next summer. The university at which I work has already decided to go for mostly online delivery for the entire academic year (rather than for the first semester as originally planned). Even if those of you in America may meet there may still be restrictions on international travel.

Perhaps a ‘virtual’ strand in parallel with the ‘real’ convention, which could be enlarged if it proves impossible to meet in person?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.