Orders & Medals Society of America Forums Other Medal Related Topics Identifications I’m stuck with this one, someone help! : )

• This topic has 994 voices and 3 replies.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I have looked just about everywhere, and have not been able to positively ID this medal. I’m guessing that it is a commemorative medal, but other than that, I do not know anything about it. It has "THIRD DIVISION" and the 3rd ID flag on the obverse side , with "QMC," "MED," "ORD," and "SIG" on the reverse side. My father had this medal in his collection of patches that he had collected as an Army brat in the 1960’s, so it’s likely older than 1960.

Any help would be greatly apreciated!

jb floyd

This is the Third Division Association’s medal for WWI service, given to the association’s members.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks! I figured that it was in commemoration of something or another. Do you know of any sources that can tell me more about it?

jb floyd

Most sources on WWI local medals will mention its existence, but there isn’t any source I can think of that really gives you chapter and verse about its creation, method of issue, etc.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.