Orders & Medals Society of America Forums Russian and Soviet Medal Collecting Soviet Union HELP NEEDED WITH TRANSLATION OF OF AWARD BOOK

• This topic has 1,002 voices and 6 replies.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    doc riley

I have this research which includes; Award Book scans, ARC and Citation. I need help translation of the recipients name from the Award Book. I would also appreciate a translation of the Orders and Medals listed on the ARC.

:D Doc
    AWARD BOOK PG 1-2.jpg
    ARC BACK.jpg

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    yusom
    Participant

Surname under the signature in the document to understand difficultly: either Васильев, or Васин. Had awards: medals ‘ For Combat service, ‘ Defense of Stalingrad ‘ and ‘ For victory over Germany ‘… Doc, I have not so understood, what you wished to learn?

yusom
    Participant

Under number of a medal " For Combat Service " it is possible to find the person… See http: // kollekcioner.lv/forum/viewtopic.php? f=293*t=1290

doc riley

Surname under the signature in the document to understand difficultly: either Васильев, or Васин. Had awards: medals ‘ For Combat service, ‘ Defense of Stalingrad ‘ and ‘ For victory over Germany ‘… Doc, I have not so understood, what you wished to learn?

I need to know his full name please

jomsa editor

Doc: The recipient’s name is Iakov Sudorovich Vasilenko. Dick Flory

doc riley

Doc: The recipient’s name is Iakov Sudorovich Vasilenko. Dick Flory

Thanks Dick!!! I have the research. I need to get it translated.

doc riley

Here’s the research: Award Record Card (ARC), Award Book Pages showing his name and name, Serial Number and Date of the Award of the Combat Service Medal Medal for the Defense of Stalingrad and The Medal for Victory Over Germany.

The ARC front page shows some biographical information of recipient. The back of the ARC shows the Orders and Medals awarded. The Citation lays out the feats and deeds for the recommedation for a particular award. It then has the signatures approving the award or making a different Order or Medal to be awarded.

CITATION PG 1.jpg
    CITATION CLOSE-UP PG 1.jpg
    CITATION PG 2 CLOSE-UP PG 2.jpg
    AWARD BOOK PG 3-4.jpg
    AWARD BOOK PG 1-2.jpg
    ARC BACK.jpg
    ARC FRONT.jpg

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.