Orders & Medals Society of America Forums Other Medal Related Topics Identifications Help Identifying Order (Possibly Korean)?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Rick Rutherford
    Participant

Can anyone help identify this order?  It was listed as a Korean Order of National Security Merit, Type I, First Class (Tong-Il) but I have not been able to locate a complete reference to Korean ODM.  This decoration doesn’t match the 1967 or 1973 examples shown on one online source I found (https://www.medals.org.uk/south-korea/south-korea016.htm) and the style of construction doesn’t fit with examples of the 1950 and 1967 versions of the Korean Order of Military Merit (Ulchi) I’ve been able to examine.  Any help is appreciated.

Thanks, Rick

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    jb floyd

It’s not Korean. The characters on the reverse are, I believe, Chinese instead. The ribbon matches that of the Republic of China’s Medal of the Brilliant Light, but the pendant does not match. Perhaps someone with the appropriate language skills can chime in.

Rick Rutherford
    Participant

Thank you.  The case it came in seemed fitted to the pendant but the neck ribbon does seem like a lot for the size of the case. Unfortunately there is no writing on the lid to help.  I’ve attached a pic which also shows the small lapel device that came with it.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.