• This topic has 1,041 voices and 1 reply.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    jbmaxwell

I have a number of photos from a Serbian Cemetery in San Mateo County, CA that I am trying to identify for family research. The medals, as usual, are conferred to officers and I think that many of these men served in various campaigns creating difficulty in zeroing in on who may have issued the award. Further, the images I have are made from old photos put on ceramic marker emblems that do not lend themselves to clarity. I have tried my best but would like to float pictures by to see if some additional identities can be determined. It would be nice to show current and future generations what their ancestors received while in uniform. Unfortunately, I can’t seem to upload the picture but here is the location of the grave record

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cg … =135223990 or at findagrave under memorial 135220283. My contributor number is 47329185 and the subject of inquiry is Nestor Evgenbevich Pchelvnnikov

jb floyd

The award at his neck appears to be a Russian Order of St, Anne, second class.

The awards on his medal bar look to be Russian as well, although I can’t squint enough to make them out. They are not what I would expect for a Serbian officer of the period – Order of Takovo, Order of the White Eagle, Order of St. Sava.

Perhaps someone with knowledge of European uniforms can chime in with more definitive information on his uniform.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.