Orders & Medals Society of America Forums American Medal Collecting State, Municipal, and Society Medals District of Columbia Militia and National Guard Medals

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  megan 2 years ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Mike Berger
    Participant

I collect medals and insignia related to the DC Militia and National Guard. If you visit Pinterest, see several of my items and other images I have found at ‘District of Columbia National Guard Medals & other militaria’.

megan

An actual link would be helpful – I tried searching Pinterest with that title and came up dry 🙁

Then I dug some more and came up with https://uk.pinterest.com/search/pins/?q=District%20of%20Columbia%20National%20Guard%20Medals&rs=remove&0=District%7Ctyped&1=of%7Ctyped&2=Columbia%7Ctyped&3=National%7Ctyped&4=Guard%7Ctyped&5=Medals%7Ctyped&remove_refine=militaria%7Ctyped

Have a look at the appropriate part of the Images Database and if you can fill any gaps we’d be very grateful.

Megan

• This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by  megan.

frivilig
    Participant

Do you have an example of the DCNG Emergency Service Medal? I was awarded the ribbon as the onetime NCOIC of Intel (113th OSF/IN) for post-9/11 Operation Noble Eagle, but understand from seeing an old chart they had in the medal locker at the 113th MSF that the ribbon was once a medal too. I’ve only seen an example of the medal on that chart, back in 2002 when I left the DCANG.

Mike Berger
    Participant

I guess I should have included the Pinterest link:

https://www.pinterest.com/berger5457/district-of-columbia-national-guard-medals-militar/

Responding to frivilig – to the best of my knowledge the Emergency Service Ribbon was never a medal. The South Carolina NG Exceptional Service Medal uses the same ribbon – that may be what you have seen.

I Own at least one of just about all the DCNG medals and ribbons produced in the past century. Two DCNG medals in my collection date to the 19th Century – there may have been more but I’ve never seen them.

I would be happy to add to the OMSA Images Database. Please advise by email (smberg@erols.com) where to send the images. I assume you wish jpegs of obverse and reverse of each item, correct?

megan

Hi Mike

Yes of course I’d love images, that’s very kind of you!

Megan

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.