• This topic has 1,964 voices and 6 replies.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    el_jefe52
    Participant

Some of you might have noticed that I have added a few CO ASM with Campaign bars to the database recently. My reasoning for doing so, is to show the different Campaign bars that are authorized by the Colorado National Guard for their Active Service Medal.

Colorado has a number of Campaign bars that are authorized for the Active Service Medal, the Mobilization Support Ribbon, and the Emergency Service Ribbon. Although most of the Campaign bars authorized for wear on the Active Service Medal are also authorized for wear on the Mobilization Support Ribbon, they aren’t all authorized for wear on the Emergency Service Ribbon. By the same token, some of the Campaign bars authorized for wear on the Emergency Service Ribbon, are not authorized for wear on the other two.

Over the course of the next few weeks (as I’m able to obtain the ASMs), I will be adding scans of the ASMs with the correct Campaign bars. I will also add a scan of the Emergency Service Ribbons with those Campaign bars that are exclusive to it.

Once a soldier/airman earns either of the 3 awards, and subsequently are entitled to another campaign bar, they have a choice as to how to display on the ribbons: they can wear the ribbon bar with their choice of Campaign bar, or, they can wear the ribbon bar with 5/16th" bronze Service Stars to show the total number of Campaign bars they are entitled to. (CO DMVA Regs 600-8-22, dated 01 Aug 2010).

Robin

el_jefe52
    Participant

The following is a list of the Campaign bars authorized for the Active Service Medal:

Berlin Crisis (Ribbon bar and Campaign bar only)
    Vietnam Crisis (Ribbon bar and Campaign bar only)
    Desert Storm (Ribbon bar and Campaign bar only)
    Haiti
    Summit 97
    Bosnia
    Operation Northern Watch
    Operation Southern Watch
    Night Hawk
    Wildfire 2000
    Provide Comfort
    Deny Flight
    Operation Enduring Freedom
    Operation Iraqi Freedom
    Operation Jump Start

The following is a list of Campaign bars authorized for the Mobilization Support Ribbon:

Desert Storm
    Haiti
    Summit 97
    Bosnia
    Operation Northern Watch
    Operation Southern Watch
    Night Hawk
    Wildfire 2000
    Provide Comfort
    Deny Flight
    Operation Enduring Freedom
    Operation Iraqi Freedom
    Operation Jump Start

The following is a list of Campaign bars authorized for the Emergency Service Ribbon:

Utes 1879
    Utes 1887
    1917-1919
    Summit 97
    Wildfire 2000
    Operation Noble Eagle

I’m including a picture of the ESR with the 3 currently authorized Campaign bars, and the initial award. Subsequent awards are denoted by the wear of a bronze 3/16" Service Star.

Robin

megan

That’s fascinating, Robin.

Really must get round to doing more about State medals on my website. A couple of people have sent me plenty of images already, but would you be willing to permit – with appropriate acknowledgement, of course – the use of some of the ones you’ve posted here?

Megan
    http://www.medals.org.uk/

el_jefe52
    Participant

Hopefully the scan uploaded this time.

Robin
    Emergency Service Ribbon with Campaign bars – Colorado National Guard.jpg

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    el_jefe52
    Participant

To Megan,

Sure, if you want to use some of the scans, go ahead. Several years ago I sent you a number of scans that you used on your site, so I have no problem with you adding more. Just mention where you got them from and I’m fine with that. :)

Robin

megan

Ah, so el_jefe is the same Robin… OK, that’s great.

You sent me some magnificent images before, most appreciated.

Megan
    http://www.medals.org.uk/

el_jefe52
    Participant

Here’s a scan of the Mobilization Support Ribbon with Campaign bars. The only Campaign Bar missing is the "Deny Flight" bar.
    Mobilization Support Ribbon with Campaign bars – Colorado.jpg

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.