Orders & Medals Society of America Forums German Medal Collecting German Empire 1871-1918 Can you help identify this medal please

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3,113 voices, and was last updated by  panarion 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

panarion

I am certain this medal is Bavarian by the lion rampart gold on blue

It is Pre- Kyffhauserbund so am guessing 1870 – 1918

Nice 25 year membership medal, enameling is excellent, ribbon is in good nick

maker marked – Deschler and Sohn, Munchen and it has the Ges Gesch stamp so it is a authentic veterans membership medal

I would be appreciative if any one could provide details of the Mitglied/ veterans association that is associated with this membership badge and what the B.K.B would stand for
    Bavarian Meitglied Cross.png
    Bavarian Mitglied medal (Reverse).png

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

medalnet
    Participant

Bayerischer Krieger-Bund membership Cross with oak leaf cluster for 25 years of membership.

panarion

thank you for the feedback , much appreciated

j. mcculloch

Nice. Probably Weimar, but might be 1950-1960s.

Anonymous

As I recall, the Austrian, Hungarian and Bulgarian medals were awarded upon application (and payment of a small fee). I don’t think I’ve ever seen any criteria requiring that a soldier have served in any particular theater to qualify. But, if you consider the economic situation of Germany at the time these medals were issued, I’m sure some veterans could only scrape up enough cash for one or two

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.