What type of medal is this?

Orders & Medals Society of America Forums General Chat What type of medal is this?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  megan 2 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Kathy Taylor
    Participant

Hello everyone,

I am new to the site and I will be back and forth on researching information to various items overall. This one particular medal has me very curious and I am interested in receiving some information that will help me overall with things in the future.

Trying to gather information on this medal….

Is it War related? Commendation? Any information would be very helpful, please and thanks!

-Kathy

• This topic was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by  Kathy Taylor.

cecawthorne

Hi Kathy,

Welcome to the site. You can see you got an error on exceeding the photo file size. Re-post and we will see if we can help you.

Best regards,

Chris

Kathy Taylor
    Participant

Thanks Chris,

I am resending the image,

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

megan

Hello Kathy

It is Japanese, the Emperor Showa Enthronement Medal, instituted 1 August 1928 and awarded to those who participated in the ceremonies and celebrations surrounding the coronation of Emperor Showa (also known as Hirohito) . He reigned 25 December 1926 until his death on 7 January 1989.

Megan

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Join OMSA

Join now to start taking advantage of the member benefits including the Journal of the Orders and Medals Society, Ribbon Bank, Library, Annual Conventions, Publication Program and much more!
Join Now!

Site Login