Welcome! Please introduce yourselves.

Orders & Medals Society of America Forums About the OMSA Forum Welcome to the OMSA Forum Welcome! Please introduce yourselves.

This topic contains 87 replies, has 46 voices, and was last updated by  megan 2 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 88 total)
  • Author

John_Allgood
    Keymaster

OMSA doesn’t sell medals.

We are a society devoted to the medals and orders of the world. Among our members you will find many collectors, a few dealers and a number of people just interested in medals.

Welcome to the website, I hope you find some useful information.

Best wishes,

John

frank13

Hi everybody,

I’m Fran, and I’m collecting orders and medals related items since 1998, specialized in american and spanish medals, I’m from spain, thank’s all.
    Best regards,

Fran

jb floyd

Welcome to forum, Fran.

Frank Dutil
    Participant

Welcome to OMSA Fran! :D

vidstrup

Greetings,

I collect Orders and Medals with Associated diplomas from Denmark, France and Belgium.

I have collected for over 25 years.

I live North of Copenhagen, Denmark

Best regards

Anders

megan

Welcome aboard!

Hugs from Megan
    http://www.medals.org.uk/

Hello members of the OMSA! My name is Sam Ross and my great uncle was OMSA member #609. Some of thhe members may recognize the name Bernard Snyder, but perhaps not as he passed away in 1987. He was good friends with the founder of this organization and was apparently very active within it so I hope that if his memory endures it does so fondly. At the time of my Great Uncles passing his collection number over 3500 pieces, most of which were sold around the same time. Select pieces were kept and cherished for various reasons so now I come to the OMSA hoping that some of these pieces were set aside for good reason. Be it their value or historical significance, I want to know whats been sitting in a cigar box for the past decade.

While I have some documentation, I am missing big chucks of information on some of the pieces. The internet is a powerful resource, but I know next to nothing about medals or militaria. I hope to share some pictures and whatever information I can find on the medals and their owners in these forums. I hope my posts may prove interesting and informative. cheers!

megan

Welcome aboard… and do feel welcome to ask about any items in your possession that you cannot identify or want more information about.

Megan

Frank Dutil
    Participant

Welcome to the forums! 8-)

John_Allgood
    Keymaster

Welcome to the forum.

Feel free to post a few photos of items that you have questions. There is a lot of knowledge here and hopefully they can fill in the blanks.

Best wishes,

John

kenneth h. wiese
    Participant

Hello, all: My name is Ken Wiese. I have been an OMSA member–on & off–for 15 years +/-. At the present time I am waiting to see if I survive a surgery next week before renewing!! I am a semi-retired petroleum exploration geologist. My interests are eclectic, but include Russian Imperial, Soviet and Warsaw Pact Nation military orders and medals; US military decorations and medals from WWII through Vietnam Era and Federal Department-level and select Agency-level civilian awards. I am very impressed by the Forum. Thanks to all of you who put it together and all of you who participate in it.

flmedalcollector
    Participant

Hello,
    I am Raymond. Have been a medal collector for over 30 years, mostly US awards, but I also occasionally pick up other things of interest. I have been an OMSA member for at least 15 years and I am looking forward to participating in this forum.

megan

Welcome, Raymond.

Megan

phoenie1
    Participant

Hello, I’m Matt. I was a member in the mid-to-late 90’s, but let it lapse after I had kids and thus my money being otherwise spoken for. :) I’ve picked it up again and now rejoined. My specialties would be modern European orders and British medals, generally.

megan

Hello Matt and welcome (back).

Hugs from Megan

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 88 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Join OMSA

Join now to start taking advantage of the member benefits including the Journal of the Orders and Medals Society, Ribbon Bank, Library, Annual Conventions, Publication Program and much more!
Join Now!

Site Login