Welcome! Please introduce yourselves.

Orders & Medals Society of America Forums About the OMSA Forum Welcome to the OMSA Forum Welcome! Please introduce yourselves.

This topic contains 87 replies, has 46 voices, and was last updated by  megan 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 88 total)
  • Author

jeffskea

Hello, my name is Jeff Skea, I’m a Canadian collector and just joined the OMSA. I have been interested in orders and medals for over ten years and have slowly grown my collection since then. I’m interested in all aspects of collecting, researching, and studying – I’m most fascinated with finding the story behind the recipient of each medal/group. I collect a wide variety of medals from all over the world, with specific interest in WWII groups, British, Commonwealth, and Soviet. I look forward to this forum and sharing this great interest with others.

Jeff

Frank Dutil
    Participant

Excellent! A fellow Canuck! Welcome to OMSA! :D

jeffskea

Anonymous

hello my friends
    :mrgreen:

Frank Dutil
    Participant

Salut! 8-)

John_Allgood
    Keymaster

Welcome!

megan

Welcome to this happy throng!

Megan
    http://www.medals.org.uk/

panarion

Hello,

My name is Panarion and I am a medal collector.

They say the first step to helping yourself is to admit that you have a problem!

It started harmlessly enough with a medal gifted to me by an estate. Slowly I started searching e-bay and medal shops then started buying more.

WW1, WW2 ,German, Bulgarian, Warrior leagues , it did not matter, they glittered , they had ribbons I wanted them. My wife said she would leave me if i did not stop and she would take the kids……I do miss them !

I realized I had a problem when money got tight and I bought a replica medal, the shame surged through me as i opened the packet it came in and i felt dirty and unclean.

I hope I can get the help and support I need to deal with my issues here with fellow medal collectors.

regards

Panarion

megan

Welcome aboard, Panarion.

You will find many like-minded souls here, but I fear that we will fuel not cure your obsession!

Megan

Frank Dutil
    Participant

Welcome aboard, Panarion.

You will find many like-minded souls here, but I fear that we will fuel not cure your obsession!

Megan

I’m afraid I have to agree with my esteemed colleague here… We’re all here for the same reason!

Welcome to "Phaleristics Anonymous"… ;)

Barry
    Participant

Hi,

I’m Barry Hansen, an old guy who is recently involved in medal collecting. My older brother has acquired about 400 medals of various types and descriptions. He is now confined to a nursing home with the physical and mental problems associated with old age. He has financial difficulties and I am responsible for his care.

His collection is a possible asset and I am in the process of trying to fathom what he has and what , if anything, it is worth. My brother was more of a hoarder than a collector. The items were not stored well and all the documentation resides in his mind which is not reliable.

I joined OMSA and have found it to be of great value. I’ve also had the opportunity of interacting with several members. The knowledge and experience of these individuals is truly impressive.

I am cataloging the collection in order to understand it before I dispose of any.

I’m a retired Metallurgical Engineer and have been involved in mining and environmental projects around the world. I am also very interested in history and find the stories related to each medal to be fascinating.

Regards,

Barry

Frank Dutil
    Participant

Welcome Barry,

The degree of combined knowledge within this forum never ceases to amaze me. I know you’ll find the answers you’re looking for here.

Greetings everyone – I am Kevin McKenzie in Texas, from a long line of generations of military veterans. New to the Forums, planning on becoming a member later this year. My business is creating medal displays/shadowboxes for veterans or their family members, and so I’ve parlayed, finally, a lifelong love into a business venture.

Frank Dutil
    Participant

Welcome to OMSA Kevin,

sp4sam

Hi how do I order a medal online here.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 88 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Join OMSA

Join now to start taking advantage of the member benefits including the Journal of the Orders and Medals Society, Ribbon Bank, Library, Annual Conventions, Publication Program and much more!
Join Now!

Site Login