Unlisted Wisconsin Civil War Badge

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  fred j borgmann 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

fred j borgmann
    Participant

Un-cataloged Wisconsin Badge

As many know in my Wisconsin book, I cataloged the Wisconsin Civil War veterans badges by design type rather than units. Since these are all privately made anything is possible and I always knew my listing would never be complete. Here is a major design type that I have not seen before. I would catalog this badge as number 93.5 in my book for those who are keeping up dates.

17th Wisconsin Volunteer Infantry Co. K. Shield suspended from an Arrow Brooch. The shield and brooch is copper nickel plated bronze and the arrow is 34.5 mm wide. The Arrow is the Corps badge of the 17th Corps. The 17th Volunteer Infantry was a Madison, Wisconsin unit and served from March 1862-July 1865. The 17th took part in 16 engagements and suffered a 16.4% casualty rate.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Join OMSA

Join now to start taking advantage of the member benefits including the Journal of the Orders and Medals Society, Ribbon Bank, Library, Annual Conventions, Publication Program and much more!
Join Now!

Site Login