OMSA Website discussion

This topic contains 62 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  Clyde Tinklepaugh 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 63 total)
  • Author

Christophe
    Participant

Sorry FX, did not see you already made the point… ;)

BTW, we NEED the french section to be implemented again !!!! ;)

Cheers.

Ch.

cecawthorne

Hello Christophe,

As Peter has mentioned, we are trying to work on a few solutions to bring over the old French forum content.

In the meantime, Peter or John (as the administrators) will open up a dedicated French Section so you can post into it for now.

Our original intention with the new forum was to limit sections for some countries until postings got large enough that it made sense to give it its own section. Now that you have your section back, we are looking forward to seeing all that new French material you guys can share with us.

Best Regards,
    Chris

John_Allgood
    Keymaster

A dedicated section to French Medals, Orders and Decorations is now up and running. Mostly thanks to Peter!

John

megan

No, it is a completely up-to-date system here… and all issues so far reported are replicated each time I visit. It is a shame as the site otherwise has the potential to become even better than its predecessor, provided that the regular contributors are not driven away.

gjmcleod
    Participant

Thanks to all of the small group involved for the revised website. I’m sure that most members appreciate the great work going on and the huge amount of time given freely by you all.
    Please do not become disheartened by the views of a small small numbers of knockers. They are a minority and I think not aware of the ongoing transition process. Keep up the good work ! I’m sure your reward will be found in a few glasses in Jacksonville.

PS If noting else it’s dragged some OMSA officers out of the darkness ! lol

Christophe
    Participant

(…) As Peter has mentioned, we are trying to work on a few solutions to bring over the old French forum content.
    (…) Chris

Thanks Chris,

Before posting new topics inside the French sub-forum, I will probably wait the "old" content to be implemented back. In fact, as the "moderator" of this French section, I made my best to make its content clear and readable, with one topics dedicated to each (not all) medal, and I used to merge, transfer content from one thread to another to make it a kind of reference. Nothing perfect, here, but with the help of other members, we achieved a quite good result, I believe.
    That said, insert topics which have been already covered in the "old" section risk to be confusing in my opinion. Indeed, any new element about French awards will be covered (new finds, new developments, etc…).

Many thanks to all for your efforts !! Let’s keep the good work !! ;)

Cheers.

Ch.

Christophe
    Participant

(…) PS If noting else it’s dragged some OMSA officers out of the darkness ! lol

True !! ;)

Ch.

megan

Well done! The tweak to the front page has improved it considerably :)

The login page seems to be sorted as well, although there’s still no ‘remember me’ function. When that and the over-moderation issue is fixed, so that once it’s clear someone is a genuine participant and not here to spam they can post in a normal manner, everything will be fine.

John_Allgood
    Keymaster

Megan,

Glad to know we are improving.

Trust me, I am not a fan of the "over-moderation" either. I would rather read and reply to posts. We all want to remove this soon.

John

cecawthorne

Hello Megan & Others,

I would like to reflect on John_Allgood’s latest posting and add a few thoughts……

We sincerely appreciate your feedback on the website and we are systematically working through the issues as we hear about them. While we would have preferred to further tune a few things before launching, remember that we have other OMSA members that may not use the forum, but traditionally rely on the website for information. Such was the case with our upcoming Convention where we need to promote it to maximize attendance and distribute important information. This was a very pressing issue as the information was time sensitive. So, in the meantime, keep us posted on your inputs and we will progressively work though them and move forward with our planned improvements.

Best regard,
    Chris

Christophe
    Participant

Hi to all,

interesting (very interesting) to notice the names of the recipients of the OMSA awards. :D This was not the case in the former website. Bravo !! ;)

Just a remark : the MERITORIOUS SERVICE MEDAL (MSM) picture is missing…

Bravo again !!

Cheers.

Ch.

matmil

Whie attempting to post an avatar, I’m asked by my computer if I should allow a program rundlll32 to run, and this may be spelled wronged, I clciked no, do I need to download programs or allow such a program to run to post an avatar ?
    Matt

John_Allgood
    Keymaster

We have noticed a drastic reduction in spam attacks and have now lifted the moderation requirement for registered members. Hopefully we can talk more easily in the forum. No one is happier about this than the moderators.

Best wishes,

John

sirius
    Keymaster

Matt,
    There is no reason to download anything to upload an avatar. It sounds like something is not quite right on your system.
    Cheers, -Peter

lukasz gaszewski
    Participant

Hello everyone over there! I had so many duties to complete in early June that I missed the launch of the BRAVE NEW WEBSITE :( Congratulations and let’s hope it will work fine! It is always a bit strange to see a completely new interface and get yourself comfortable in it, but I think it is a question of time to get used to :) The most difficult for the start is not to get lost in the new system of sections and subsections and to find what is where. I do not know how about you, but I miss the old layout a little.

One question that I think must have been put forward here already, but as I have not found it anywhere around I must ask it too. I see the medal database has been luckily preserved :D , but what has happened to the wealth of information from the old forum??? Has it been lost forever? :cry:

And finally: to whom can technical issues regarding the website be reported?

Hello again, everyone!

Lukasz Gaszewski

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 63 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Join OMSA

Join now to start taking advantage of the member benefits including the Journal of the Orders and Medals Society, Ribbon Bank, Library, Annual Conventions, Publication Program and much more!
Join Now!

Site Login