OMSA Forum discussions

This topic contains 23 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  Frank Dutil 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author

Frank Dutil
    Participant

I always log in from the main page http://www.omsa.org/ No probs there…

Logging in from any other page is a PITA! :evil:

auke
    Participant

And my signature keeps disappearing, am I the only one?

megan

Nope – I have given up on trying to persuade this benighted system to keep a ‘sig file’ for me & just type it in!

Megan
    http://www.medals.org.uk/

John_Allgood
    Keymaster

I haven’t had a problem with my signature disappearing. Strange that others have that problem.

As per the log in issue. I have to log in every time. I am a member of other forums that require that as well.

John

csmruss
    Participant

Greetings all:
    I would first like to thank the person or persons that nominated me for the position of Board Member. I know I can bring many skills and energy to the position and so I have accepted the nomination and with everyone’s support I hope to be elected to the Board. I have greatly enjoyed being a member of OMSA and contributed to the organization by writing numerous articles and exhibits which have won many awards. I strongly believe in the mission of our organization, to educate. I want OMSA to remain strong and to grow. My greatest interest and intention for the future is to reach out to history departments, militaria attendees, other related societies and conventions to recruit future members and to educate people about the rewards of medal collecting. I want to share my enthusiasm and as such hope that others will come to realize the importance of camaraderie, research value, and educational resources of our organization.
    I have served 35 years in our military and rose to the rank of Command Sergeant Major, a position I held for almost 20 years and I recently retired as a High School Principal and Educator. I was founder of the Minuteman Quartermaster Association of New England for the Army, Reserve and National Guard and founder number ten of an illustrious group that founded Portugal’s Medal Society, Academia Phaleristica. As I said, I bring a lot of experience, leadership and organizational skills that I will put to good use as a Board member. I will appreciate your vote and confidence.
    Sincerely;
    Russ Furtado
    csmruss

Frank Dutil
    Participant

How does one now upload photos to the database?

megan

At the moment, one doesn’t 🙁

Apparently to leave it ‘open access’ poses too many security risks to the system, so the powers-that-be are looking to appoint a database manager to whom images are to be sent. They’re also discussing upgrades to the image database…

Megan
    http://www.medals.org.uk/

megan

Um. Following a flurry of transatlantic phone calls, I have been asked to take care of the Image Database!

So the answer to your question, Frank, is that you send images to me and I’ll post them 🙂

Megan

Frank Dutil
    Participant

OK…  My next question is as follows, apologies if it seems a bit sarcastic.

Is there ANY WAY to make the font and post colours a bit paler??  I can still manage to read some of the forum and navigate a bit…  Seriously…  Some contrast, ANY contrast would actually be appreciated.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Join OMSA

Join now to start taking advantage of the member benefits including the Journal of the Orders and Medals Society, Ribbon Bank, Library, Annual Conventions, Publication Program and much more!
Join Now!

Site Login