OMSA Convention discussions

This topic contains 50 replies, has 21 voices, and was last updated by  sirius 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 51 total)
  • Author

John_Allgood
    Keymaster

For those of you wanting to make plans early, the 2012 OMSA Convention will be at the Dallas/Fort Worth Hyatt Regency. The dates are August 16-19, 2012.

There are some very basic details on the main pages of the website. Bear in mind that the existing registration form is from last year. We will be changing that as soon as possible. More details will be posted here and on the main website pages.

On behalf of the other co-chairs, Mike "Doc" Riley and Nathan Weiss, we hope to see you in Dallas!

Best wishes,

John Allgood

John_Allgood
    Keymaster

FYI,

The convention page is now updated for the 2013 convention. See: http://www.omsa.org/content/upcoming-convention

On that page you will find information on the hotel (rates and contact information). The 2013 Convention Registration form is now up as well.

Hope to see you all in Milwaukee!

John

fred j borgmann
    Participant

I just made my reservations for Milwaukee and was told that there was only one room left and it was a club room which I took. If all the rooms are already sold out I hope that means we will have a great convention.

John_Allgood
    Keymaster

Fred,

I just got off the phone with the hotel. There are rooms still available at the basic rate of $89/night.

FYI, I called the 1-800 number and was told that only the Club rooms were available. Greg Harper, a Convention co-chair, called the hotel to confirm this. Apparently, there has been a "miscommunication". There are plenty of rooms available at the basic rate.

Call the hotel directly to change your reservation. Their number is: (414) 764-5300

John

John_Allgood
    Keymaster

Just to notify everyone of some recent updates on the convention.

The list of Seminar speakers are up to date for the 2013 convention.

I just received today the latest listing for the OMSA convention auction. Check out the Convention pages for a pdf of the auction items. You must attend the auction in order to bid. There is a nice variety of items for sale on the Thursday night auction.

Best wishes,

John

John_Allgood
    Keymaster

This just in from our President, Fred Borch:

Dear fellow members:

It is not too late for you to attend the 2013 OMSA Convention in Milwaukee.
    The bourse will open Thursday morning, with many dealers and members in
    attendance waiting to see you. The 2d Annual OMSA auction will be held on
    Thursday night, and this is a chance to add something to your collection and
    help the society. Friday evening will be the usual high quality American,
    British and International seminars. Saturday is our ever popular banquet
    with a great speaker and the announcement of this year’s OMSA awards. The
    added bonus this year: everyone who attends the Convention this year will
    received a $25 voucher good toward the purchase of OMSA publications.

Looking forward to seeing one and all,

Best

Fred Borch
    OMSA President

j_tiainen

Dear Friends,

I have now sent my application twice to the contact person written in registeration form. No reply so far. Today I sent it to Jeff Floyd.

I hope to see you there ;)

Jani Tiainen
    OMSA #6543

John_Allgood
    Keymaster

Jani,

I will call Greg Harper tomorrow morning to verify he got your registration.

See you in Milwaukee,

John

j_tiainen

Thank you,

Jani

John_Allgood
    Keymaster

Jani,

I just talked to Greg Harper and he has your registration. You should get an email from him shortly.

Best wishes,

John

doc
    Participant

where is this years convention? I would like to attend.

Best, Doc

jb floyd

Atlanta, 6-9 August 2015.

doc
    Participant

I have found ground transportation from the airport to the hotel $55-$65. the phone number is 404-402-6463.

8-) Doc

doc
    Participant

I will be attending this year. I have already made my hotel reservations and scheduled a car service from the airport to the hotel and back. I will book my flight next month. If I can get my POD out here from California I will have an exhibit to enter. I look forward to seeing everybody this year.

:D Doc

gjmcleod
    Participant

PITTSBURGH 2016 PITTSBURGH PIRATES v. SAN DIEGO REDS

Following our President’s suggestion……Anybody going to Pittsburgh thinking of going to a ball game on the 10th August 1916 – walking distance from the hotel?

Want to book seats together ?

Graeme

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 51 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Join OMSA

Join now to start taking advantage of the member benefits including the Journal of the Orders and Medals Society, Ribbon Bank, Library, Annual Conventions, Publication Program and much more!
Join Now!

Site Login