New NG Awards Books on USB Drives

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  megan 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

el_jefe52
    Participant

For the past 2 years, I have been working on a couple books on the Awards & Decorations of the US National Guard. The books are in PDF format so that they can be viewed on either a computer of an electronic (i.e. Kindle book), but can also be printed out and then have bound.

The 1st book, Decorations & Awards of the U.S. National Guard, shows the medals and ribbon bars of the National Guard, by state, in alphabetical order. The book is set up as follows:

Medals show the entire obverse (ribbon drape & planchets), and the reverse of the planchets underneath. Each award has the criteria, as well as any device used to denote subsequent awards, in order of precedence. The award itself (medal or ribbon) is displayed to the left of the information. If more than one type of the medal exists, the current version is to the left, and if only 1 obsolete version exists, it will appear to the right of the description. If more than 2 versions exist, all others are displayed underneath the description. Some ribbon bars are used by both the ANG & the ARNG, which have a green stripe or a blue stripe at either end. These awards are displayed with the ANG award to the left of the description and the ARNG to the right. The ANG will show the “BLUE” stripe worn towards the wearer’s heart, and the ARNG will shot the “GREEN” stripe worn towards the wearer’s heart.

Each state’s awards are shown as follows:

Current Decorations & awards, followed by Unit Citations, then obsolete awards, and Marksman awards, if applicable. At the end of the chapter is a ribbon chart, showing the current awards in the correct order of precedence.
    Pricing on My Books.pdf

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

el_jefe52
    Participant

There are also 11 Appendixes showing other information that should be informative, and give further information on the awards.

The 2nd book, A Pictorial Guide to the Ribbons of the U.S. National Guard, shows current and obsolete ribbon bars used by the 50 states, the District of Columbia, and the 3 territories (Guam, Puerto Rico, & US Virgin Islands), comprising the US National Guard.

The 1st chapter shows current and obsolete ribbon bars, in correct order of precedence, by state. Chapter 2 deals with ribbon bars that are used by multiple states (I have attempted to include all of them, but might have missed a couple). Chapter 3 deals with ribbon bar which by adding a device to it, changes the criteria as to why it’s awarded. This doesn’t include devices used to denote second and subsequent awards.

I have attached a PDF file that gives a “break-down” as to the information contained in each book, and the cost for each. I have listed the S&H cost for US shipping only, any sent outside the US would be slightly higher fee for S&H.

If you are interested in either, or both of these books, PM me. Thank you.

Robin
    Book 1 – Samples 1.jpg
    Book 2 – Samples 1.jpg

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

lukasz gaszewski
    Participant

Hi Robin,

How can I PM you? I can’t see any mailbox around on the website.

megan

There isn’t a PM system (yet)… Robin, are you still at the same e-mail and may I pass it on to Lukasz?

Megan

el_jefe52
    Participant

Hi Megan,

Yep, still same email address, and you can pass on to anyone interested.  Sorry for delay, haven’t been on the computer much lately.

Robin

megan

Thanks, Robin. I shall do so once I’m at home (at work right now) and have Lukasz’s e-mail to hand!

Megan

arclight
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Please send me his email address, too! I definitely need this tremendous work.</p>
    <p style=”text-align: left;”>gspencer1861@hotmail.com</p>

megan

If you look at the bottom of my review of this book elsewhere in this forum, you will find a link to a flyer which has Robin’s contact details. You won’t regret it, wonderful collection of information!

Megan

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Join OMSA

Join now to start taking advantage of the member benefits including the Journal of the Orders and Medals Society, Ribbon Bank, Library, Annual Conventions, Publication Program and much more!
Join Now!

Site Login