New Blogging Feature on the Website

Orders & Medals Society of America Forums About the OMSA Forum Announcements New Blogging Feature on the Website

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  megan 2 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

cecawthorne

Hello All,

If  you have not visited our new website blogging feature, I would encourage you to do so.  You can access it by clicking on the BLOG tab in the menu above or go to the home page and scroll down to the bottom to see the newest blog entries. A core group of  volunteer OMSA members (subject matter experts) are now regularly posting blogs on various orders and medals topics. I am very sure they would welcome your support by visiting and leaving comments on their individual blogs. You have to be logged into the website to leave a comment.

Best Regards,

Chris

ed_haynes
    Participant

Sorry to see this. Most of these should have gone into the JOMSA.  Is there a policy to undercut the journal??

sirius
    Keymaster

Ed – did you not read my reply to you on FB? Where you asked the same question.

Cheers, -Peter

megan

I’m finding them fascinating, and they complement rather than supplement JOMSA.

In my university, if you publish a paper anywhere you are required to place a copy in a publically-accessible online system unless the journal you publish in already does this… or it doesn’t count in the analysis of how well the university/your department are doing! This is common in UK universities at least, and from what I see it’s becoming more widespread. Some journals – who quite understandibly want to have people continuing to subscribe – ask for an embargo for a length of time, in which case you have to put an abstract and your contact details in the public system and send a copy out to genuine enquirers who ask for it.

Information be like muck, no use except it be spread 🙂

gjmcleod
    Participant

While having some sympathy with the views expressed (especially Ed’s) it is worth remembering that the world is not run by, nor revolve around, ivory towers and the rules thereof.

Graeme

Educated in the University of Life – no bursaries involved ! LOL

megan

Just so… but you look at the good ideas and pinch…. ahem, get inspired by… them, and leave the bits that don’t work behind!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Join OMSA

Join now to start taking advantage of the member benefits including the Journal of the Orders and Medals Society, Ribbon Bank, Library, Annual Conventions, Publication Program and much more!
Join Now!

Site Login