My new French ribbon bar

This topic contains 17 replies, has 4,724 voices, and was last updated by  noor 7 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author

felix

The owner certainly started his career as a NCO as he received the Military medal, or maybe was he an aspirant when he received it. Aspirant is the first officer rank, below 2nd lieutnant, the first year, just after training and before being commissioned officer. They are not considered as full officers and can receive the military medal.

A lot of french soldiers served in Poland in 1919/1920 for the training of the new polish army, that certainly here he received the polish medals.

In the 20’s, he served in Middle-east (Lebanon and Syria) and Morocco.

4. is the "croix de guerre des théâtres d’opérations extérieures"
    7. is the french WWI commemorative medal

No WWII commemorative medal, the bar was certainly made before the introduction of this medal (1946). In this case, 14. is the youth and sport medal as the sport’s merit order was introduced only in 1956.

What is strange is the lack of devices on the war crosses even if that sometimes happens.

noor
    Participant

Thanks again!

Prefect information! Must be do now some reading about these campaigns what these awards represent!

I know rank Aspirant well – I had same rank myself a long long time ago for a period of time.

lukasz gaszewski
    Participant

18. Poland – Commemorative Medal for the War 1918-1921 (Polish-Soviet War)
    19. Poland – Cross of Valor, 1920

They ought to be worn in reversed order.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Join OMSA

Join now to start taking advantage of the member benefits including the Journal of the Orders and Medals Society, Ribbon Bank, Library, Annual Conventions, Publication Program and much more!
Join Now!

Site Login