Mérite Agricole

This topic contains 3 replies, has 1,678 voices, and was last updated by  Frank Dutil 5 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Frank Dutil
    Participant

I recently purchased this officer’s badge of the Order. I’m a bit puzzled about the rosette though… It is unlike any other I’ve seen for this order. The red bands are usually on just a few of the ribs and on opposite sides, not all around the interior. What are your thoughts, private maker? Older model? Standard rosette for a certain variant of a certain period?
    [attachment=0]officier mérite agricole rosette.jpg[/attachment]
    officier mérite agricole rosette.jpg

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

megan

A similar piece was in the Morton & Eden sale "Medals, Orders and Decorations of the American Numismatic Society Part 1" in 2006 (lot #553). It was described as dating from c.1900.

It is on my site, due to the generousity of Morton & Eden who have given me the run of their catalogues :)

Megan
    http://www.medals.org.uk/

Frank Dutil
    Participant

Thanks Megs!

A French collector on GMIC confirmed this type dates from betwen 1900 and 1920… I can’t believe I got it for a measly 43 EURO! 8-)

christophe

Frank,

Nice one.
    The rosette is unusual…

Cheers.

Ch.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Join OMSA

Join now to start taking advantage of the member benefits including the Journal of the Orders and Medals Society, Ribbon Bank, Library, Annual Conventions, Publication Program and much more!
Join Now!

Site Login