Medal curating/display

Orders & Medals Society of America Forums General Chat Medal curating/display

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  aristashr 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

aristashr
    Participant

Hello fellow members. I am interested in proposing an exhibit of Cuban medals to local museum but they probably are not equipped to properly display it. Wondering if there’s any literature I could visit or review showing the best way to display medals in the museum context. Thank you.

megan

Our member Frank Dutil has made some nice frames to display his collection, which he loans out to appropriate institutions. He’s on deployment right now, but I’ll see if I can find his description of what he did.

aristashr
    Participant

Thank you. That would be incredible. I’m surprised there’s very little information on medal curation out there and museums are typically not very inclined in showing these items. Any thoughts? Thank you.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Join OMSA

Join now to start taking advantage of the member benefits including the Journal of the Orders and Medals Society, Ribbon Bank, Library, Annual Conventions, Publication Program and much more!
Join Now!

Site Login