Local Historical Societies

Orders & Medals Society of America Forums General Chat Local Historical Societies

Tagged: 

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  fred j borgmann 11 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

fred j borgmann
    Participant

I just had a very pleasant evening at the local historical society meeting. It all started at a post funeral get together of an old friend who was a dedicated member of the Iola Historical Society. Several other members were there and as we reminisced I mentioned how our departed friend offered to help me publish my Wisconsin medals book. Light bulbs went off and I quickly agreed to do a program about Wisconsin medals for them. Since none were collectors I stuck to the basics explaining the different types of awards and the different levels of the military and then showed them scans of the different types of Wisconsin medals. They were a great audience and asked a few good questions. I am sure many other local historical societies would appreciate similar programs. They understand the need to preserve historical artifacts and it sure would help improve the public’s image of medal collectors.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Join OMSA

Join now to start taking advantage of the member benefits including the Journal of the Orders and Medals Society, Ribbon Bank, Library, Annual Conventions, Publication Program and much more!
Join Now!

Site Login