Is this another French Courage & Devoution Medal

Orders & Medals Society of America Forums French Medal Collecting French Orders post-1870 Is this another French Courage & Devoution Medal

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2,345 voices, and was last updated by  john f. 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

john f.
    Participant

Hello, is this award another type/example of the French Courage and Devoution Medal? If, so does anyone know from what time period?

Thanks,
    John
    Courage et Devouement.jpg

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

jb floyd

This looks more unofficial to me — one of the many organizational orders, decorations and medals of France.

Frank Dutil
    Participant

I agree with JB, looks like a municipal award, or maybe from an organisation of some kind (KoC, religious…), but definitely not an older Courage and Devotion medal…

felix

I agree too, not an official award, certainly a society one. There is a lot of societies medals, a lot are un-documented, I will try if I can find something else.

Hard to date it but certainly 1900-1920.

john f.
    Participant

Gentleman,
    Sorry for the delay in my response; thank you for your time and input.

Christophe
    Participant

This is an unofficial medal, for sure!! ;)

Ch.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Join OMSA

Join now to start taking advantage of the member benefits including the Journal of the Orders and Medals Society, Ribbon Bank, Library, Annual Conventions, Publication Program and much more!
Join Now!

Site Login