Iron Cross – Home Made

This topic contains 4 replies, has 1,783 voices, and was last updated by  medalnet 4 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

medalnet
    Participant

This surfaced recently in a very nice photo album from a member on board an auxiliary cruiser. It shows the board mechanic making Iron crosses awarded while being on sea. Does anybody have items like this in their collection?

[attachment=0]EK Bau.jpg[/attachment]
    EK Bau.jpg

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

fred j borgmann
    Participant

I wonder if any of these crosses are currently in the hands of collectors who think that they are fake.

Christophe
    Participant

That’s a good point, Fred. I’m sure I have dozens of these varieties… for sale !! :mrgreen:

Cheeers.

Ch.

jinming wang

What about the post WW2 version…. Who can tell me some details of the 1957 version.

medalnet
    Participant

Almost all orders were re-issued in 1957 in mostly the same design as their originals, awarded from 1934-45. The only difference in most cases was the lack of the swastika.There is an example of the 1957 Iron Cross in the OMSA database.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Join OMSA

Join now to start taking advantage of the member benefits including the Journal of the Orders and Medals Society, Ribbon Bank, Library, Annual Conventions, Publication Program and much more!
Join Now!

Site Login