Help please to obtain a current issue US medal

Orders & Medals Society of America Forums About the OMSA Forum Welcome to the OMSA Forum Help please to obtain a current issue US medal

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3,609 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Hi Members, this is my first post.

Is any member able to direct me where I can obtain a replica (or new original) of the current "Office of the Secretary of Defence Medal for Exceptional Public Service"? This is the entry level bronze version similar to the "Outstanding" silver and "Distinguished" gold versions, the latter two are illustrated in the Society’s Medal Collectors segment (but the bronze level I’m looking for is not illustrated). The ribbon colours (red/white/blue) are the same for all three, but "Exceptional" bronze version has the wide centre band in WHITE.

My son was awarded this medal during a tour in Washington as an Exchange Officer from the Ministry of Defence UK and I’m making up my own personal display of Caldwell family medals from his great grandfather in WW1 to date and this is the only medal or replica I now need to complete the project. I’ve tried countless US medal collectors and DoD direct (no reply from the latter) and now I’m stuck.

Any help or assistance members can suggest or help from an individual member welcome.
    Thanks in advance Graham Caldwell
    Melbourne Australia – I’m contactable direct on GLJCALDWELL@OZEMAIL.COM.AU (all lower case).

bw329

Here is a photo of the medal in question.
    SECDEF Exceptional Service.jpg

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

drain
    Participant

I think, I seen that one on sell on ebay

Anonymous

Thanks Drain, your assistance is much appreciated.
    I’m also now after a miniture of the same medal, so here hoping one turns up.
    I can’t believe a current Federal medal was so hard to find!
    Thanks for replying, Lyndale in Melbourne AUS.

tazy

I can’t believe a current Federal medal was so hard to find!
    Thanks for replying, Lyndale in Melbourne AUS…..!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Join OMSA

Join now to start taking advantage of the member benefits including the Journal of the Orders and Medals Society, Ribbon Bank, Library, Annual Conventions, Publication Program and much more!
Join Now!

Site Login