Gold Swedish Medal – Need Help Identifying

Orders & Medals Society of America Forums Other Medal Related Topics Identifications Gold Swedish Medal – Need Help Identifying

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1,248 voices, and was last updated by  shopkeep 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

shopkeep

From what I can tell this was engraved by Lea Alhborn which is the name at the base of the neck. Not a military medal. From what I have researched it may have belonged to one of these people? and maybe an Illis Quorum medal?:

1848 – Rafael Ginard i Sabater
    1873 – Sophia Wilkens
    1883 – Lea Ahlborn
    1890 – Karin Åhlin
    1895 – Sophie Adlersparre, Emmy Rappe
    1896 – Hilda Caselli

If it’s not an Illis Quorum then what? I found silver medals online that were very similar to this but none in gold.

Help would be appreciated!! Thank you.
    resized 1.jpg
    resized 2.jpg

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

frivilig
    Participant

Medal is for the Royal Patriotic Society, a semi-official civilian society under the patronage of the king. Technically not a royal order or medal and the award is designed to reward activities and pursuits of a private nature that are of benefit to the country. These are minted in gold and silver, some are named.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Join OMSA

Join now to start taking advantage of the member benefits including the Journal of the Orders and Medals Society, Ribbon Bank, Library, Annual Conventions, Publication Program and much more!
Join Now!

Site Login