District of Columbia Militia and National Guard Medals

Orders & Medals Society of America Forums American Medal Collecting State, Municipal, and Society Medals District of Columbia Militia and National Guard Medals

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  megan 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Mike Berger
    Participant

I collect medals and insignia related to the DC Militia and National Guard. If you visit Pinterest, see several of my items and other images I have found at ‘District of Columbia National Guard Medals & other militaria’.

megan

An actual link would be helpful – I tried searching Pinterest with that title and came up dry 🙁

Then I dug some more and came up with https://uk.pinterest.com/search/pins/?q=District%20of%20Columbia%20National%20Guard%20Medals&rs=remove&0=District%7Ctyped&1=of%7Ctyped&2=Columbia%7Ctyped&3=National%7Ctyped&4=Guard%7Ctyped&5=Medals%7Ctyped&remove_refine=militaria%7Ctyped

Have a look at the appropriate part of the Images Database and if you can fill any gaps we’d be very grateful.

Megan

• This reply was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by  megan.

frivilig
    Participant

Do you have an example of the DCNG Emergency Service Medal? I was awarded the ribbon as the onetime NCOIC of Intel (113th OSF/IN) for post-9/11 Operation Noble Eagle, but understand from seeing an old chart they had in the medal locker at the 113th MSF that the ribbon was once a medal too. I’ve only seen an example of the medal on that chart, back in 2002 when I left the DCANG.

Mike Berger
    Participant

I guess I should have included the Pinterest link:

https://www.pinterest.com/berger5457/district-of-columbia-national-guard-medals-militar/

Responding to frivilig – to the best of my knowledge the Emergency Service Ribbon was never a medal. The South Carolina NG Exceptional Service Medal uses the same ribbon – that may be what you have seen.

I Own at least one of just about all the DCNG medals and ribbons produced in the past century. Two DCNG medals in my collection date to the 19th Century – there may have been more but I’ve never seen them.

I would be happy to add to the OMSA Images Database. Please advise by email (smberg@erols.com) where to send the images. I assume you wish jpegs of obverse and reverse of each item, correct?

megan

Hi Mike

Yes of course I’d love images, that’s very kind of you!

Megan

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Join OMSA

Join now to start taking advantage of the member benefits including the Journal of the Orders and Medals Society, Ribbon Bank, Library, Annual Conventions, Publication Program and much more!
Join Now!

Site Login