Chambord Cross

This topic contains 4 replies, has 1,124 voices, and was last updated by  muhittin 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

muhittin

Could anyone help me to get more information about this Chambord Cross?Thank you very much.
    Medal%20Cham%20Cross.jpg

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

paul wood
    Participant

This is a medal worn by suppoters of Henri d’ Artois (1820-83), grandson of the Bourbon king Charles X, known as le grande miracle. During the early Orleanist days he was seen as the legitimate candidate and was considered kiing (Henri V ) by them. He fell into oblivion until the end of the Second Empire, when in the early 1870’s he was considered a serious candidate amongst the various possibilities, indeed he had tacit support from Thiers. Unfortunately he refused any compromise in his sovereign rights and as a result he was largely forgotton by the mid 1870’s, your badge would date from around 1871-73.

I hope this is of assistance,

Paul

doc riley

That is a BEAUTIFUL Cross!!! I have never seen this award or knew of its history. Thanks for posting it and the history lesson!!!

Doc

muhittin

Thanks Paul.

Yes it is…
    Looks better than Order of Michael the Brave…

Lorenzo

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Join OMSA

Join now to start taking advantage of the member benefits including the Journal of the Orders and Medals Society, Ribbon Bank, Library, Annual Conventions, Publication Program and much more!
Join Now!

Site Login