British artists who have declined honours

Orders & Medals Society of America Forums British Medal Collecting British Orders British artists who have declined honours

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2,642 voices, and was last updated by  frivilig 4 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

frivilig
    Participant

An interesting article on British cultural artists who have refused or declined royal honours nominations.

Don’t call me Sir: why do artists snub royal honours?
    From Lucian Freud to Roald Dahl, creative talents have long been rejecting honours from the Queen. But why? Maybe they just don’t want to be part of an elite gang of Fred Goodwins

The Guardian, 26 Jan 2012

http://www.guardian.co.uk/artanddesign/ … al-honours

ed muller
    Participant

I was surfing and just discovered Petula Clark was a CBE (Dame Commander)

Who knew!

I remember her songs of the 60’s but did you know that she was a child star in the 40’s (first as a singer at 7-9 and "later" as an actress at 13)?

My wife just watched "I Know where I’m going" (1945) a British movie that is considered by some one of the 100 greatest movies of all times.

She (at 13) played the precocious daughter of the Robinsons Cheril. (You have to see the movie to see how they fit in.)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Join OMSA

Join now to start taking advantage of the member benefits including the Journal of the Orders and Medals Society, Ribbon Bank, Library, Annual Conventions, Publication Program and much more!
Join Now!

Site Login