Army LSGC Royal Tanks Corps

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1,046 voices, and was last updated by  jbigley 5 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

jbigley
    Participant

Hello all:

Just acquired an Army Long Service and Good Conduct Medal, George VI (B) crowned profile with INDIAE: IMP in legend.

Impressed: "7869769 C. SJT. W. D. WAPSHOTT. R. TANK C" (I could not get decent photos of that).

My initial research via Ancestry.com suggests this is William Daley (aka "Daly") Wapshott, born about 1901. Appears he died 26 Jun 1965 at Military Hospital South Tidworth Hampshire Administration Winchester.

His widow, Doris L. Bennett Wapshott then relocated to Georgia, USA where she died Feb 1980. Which explains how the medal ended up here at a pawn shop in Georgia.

I haven’t been able to find any military service records on Wapshott. I would appreciate any help with that if someone cares to chime in.

Thanks, JimB

[attachment=1]WapshottObv.JPG[/attachment]

[attachment=0]WapshottRev.jpg[/attachment]
    WapshottObv.JPG
    WapshottRev.jpg

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Join OMSA

Join now to start taking advantage of the member benefits including the Journal of the Orders and Medals Society, Ribbon Bank, Library, Annual Conventions, Publication Program and much more!
Join Now!

Site Login