Accessing the forum on your iPhone® with TouchBB

Orders & Medals Society of America Forums About the OMSA Forum Announcements Accessing the forum on your iPhone® with TouchBB

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  sirius 6 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

sirius
    Keymaster

If you have an iPhone®/iPad® you may want to check out the touchBB app on the App Store℠. The OMSA forum now supports its protocol. It makes it easier to navigate the forum directly from the app, as compared to Safari. There is a free "Lite" version which supposedly has advertisement, but I did not see any. But it can only be used for up to two sites using touchBB. The full versions is $0.99. Works quite nicely. More information regarding the app can be found here:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/touchbb- … 52610?mt=8

The app is also available for android phone users, but I have not tested it.

PLEASE NOTE: OMSA HAS NO AFFILIATION OR CONNECTION WITH THE AUTHOR OR PRODUCER OF THIS SOFTWARE AND ACCEPTS NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ITS USE NOR OFFERS TECHNICAL SUPPORT.

John_Allgood
    Keymaster

I have tried this for both the iPhone and iPad. In my opinion, it works nicely for the iPhone but I find Safari a better experience on the iPad.

It was not instantly obvious how to use the app so if anyone has questions about how to set it up on your phone, let me know.

John

John_Allgood
    Keymaster

I am just bumping this post up as an update.

Although I prefer browsing and posting on the forum through my desktop, I often find myself using my iPad. If you use an iPad and want to post photos, I find the TouchBB app much easier to use. To be honest, I haven’t found a better way to put photos on the forum when using an iPad.

John

doc riley

Guys,
    We need to add an Android, too.

8-) Doc

John_Allgood
    Keymaster

Mike,

As Peter says in his initial post, there is a TouchBB app for Android. He just hasn’t tested it. Perhaps you should.

John

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Join OMSA

Join now to start taking advantage of the member benefits including the Journal of the Orders and Medals Society, Ribbon Bank, Library, Annual Conventions, Publication Program and much more!
Join Now!

Site Login