9 Clasp Military General Service to Stephen Wilson 71st

Orders & Medals Society of America Forums British Medal Collecting British Medals pre-1914 9 Clasp Military General Service to Stephen Wilson 71st

This topic contains 1 reply, has 981 voices, and was last updated by  j.m.martin 3 years ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

j.m.martin
    Participant

I have been offered a 9 clasp Military General Service medal awarded to Stephen Wilson of the 71st Foot for sale. DNW medal

rolls match the 9 clasps on the offered medal, however thier provenance indicates Regimental Museum. I have emailed the HLI

Museum twice but no reply. Can anyone provide information regarding Stephen Wilson’s 9 clasp MGS medal?

Thanks for any information provided?

Cheers, Jerry

geoff reeves

Hi Jerry,

The DNW roll is the Foster roll, I believe. The Mullen roll doesn’t mention the museum at all – it just mentions that’ it’s ex the Murray collection and that Wilson appears on the Waterloo roll. A quick search of the updated extant list doesn’t show that his Waterloo has appeared on the market to date. The DNW website also mentions that his WO97 papers weren’t found – which means there won’t be a lot of biographical information about him.

So, I’m afraid I can’t really answer much for you – just give you a bit more information…

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Join OMSA

Join now to start taking advantage of the member benefits including the Journal of the Orders and Medals Society, Ribbon Bank, Library, Annual Conventions, Publication Program and much more!
Join Now!

Site Login